Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The rainy day has lifted

On the way back from the Twins game, I had completely forgotten that the Wild played their home opener tonight. So I turned on the radio, and the second period was just starting. Awesome, even more Minesota goodness. That south of the (Canadian) border called Chipotle beckoned though, so the Wild would have to wait. When I turned the radio back on, I heard all about Koivu's goal to make it 3-0. No Barracuda, don't feel good, because it wasn't Mikko's, the Wild's number one center. It was Saku, his brother who spurned the Wild for Anaheim. I immediately turned the radio off. And didn't bother watching the rest of the game (my mom claimed the good tv to watch Dancing with the Stars, you can't expect me to watch hockey in not as good HD). Bad decision.

Unable to get excited about the announcement of the Twins' victory and subsequent cheering, the Wild players did what any other hockey players do for inspiration: fisticuffs. All 6' 8" of John Scott upper-cutted some guy to the ice, and it was on like a cattle prod. The Wild scored three unanswered goals to tie the game. The new and improved Marion Gaborik (aka Marty Havlat) had the primary assist on all of these scores. The game went into sudden death extra innings I mean overtime, and the Wild pulled it out with Andrew "Holy crap he played on a torn ACL last year" Brunette's winner. Did you read that? He played with a torn ACL. That's awesomely tough. Wanna give hockey a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment