Friday, September 11, 2009

No Rubio, no problem

I guess I'm not surprised that Rubio said no. If I remember correctly, at age 19 I had a hard enough time leaving my parents' house let alone leaving the country. Of course, I didn't have the potential to make a living making no-look passes to teammates and foes alike for millions of dollars whether I stayed in Spain or mainly in the plain. Rubio never seemed interested in coming here. Big surprise. The only thing nationally interesting in Minnesota is how David Kahn screwed up. Because that's what Minnesota sports franchises do.

Longtime reader (thanks mom) already knows what I think about Johnny Flynn's smile, not to mention he looked pretty fly in summer league. He already has a reputation for toughness, and as TrueHoop writes about his performance:

"Flynn
communicates to his team on every offensive possession. He choreographs, directs, goads, and encourages. When teammates need to move from the weak to the strong side for an entry pass, Flynn barks out an order -- and he's almost always right. Flynn coughed the ball up seven times on Sunday against seven assists, but his management skills are there."

That gets me excited. We'll have to see how Al responds to the rook barking out orders, but seriously, he's not in a position to direct things on the court.

So I'm not worried about the teenager from Spain. Kahn's already signed enough depth at the 1. I'm more worried about the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment